THIS week I am bringing you two easy weeknight meals that can be made in advance and popped in the freezer for whenever you need them.
My chicken divine only takes 10 minutes to prepare – so why not try this tasty recipe this weekend?
My chicken divine only takes 10 minutes to prepare – so why not try this tasty recipe this weekend?[/caption]
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 x 295g cans condensed soup (chicken or mushroom)
- 2tsp lemon juice
- 2tsp curry powder
- 230ml mayonnaise
- 210g button mushrooms
- 25g breadcrumbs
- 50g parmesan, grated
My top tip this week is about meal planning. Shopping on a Sunday is a brilliant way of getting organised for the week ahead. Some weeks I plan to grab everything out of the freezer, and others
I’m batching and cooking lots of meals – it really depends on how much time I have. Meal planner boards are brilliant to have up in the kitchen to stop the “What’s for tea?” questions from the kids – and it helps to keep you on track!
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4. Wrap the chicken in a foil parcel and cook on a baking tray in the oven 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking, gently boil the broccoli for 3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, quickly shred it with a fork while still hot.
- In a large bowl, add the soup, lemon juice, curry powder, mayonnaise, broccoli and mushrooms, and mix gently.
- Next, stir the chicken into the bowl.
Ready to freeze: Simply add to a labelled, sealed freezer bag. Flatten the bag to ensure you can stack them in your freezer.
Ready to eat: Remove the bag from the freezer and defrost overnight in the fridge. Once fully defrosted, heat the mixture in a saucepan or in the microwave until piping hot (around 10 minutes on the hob or 6-7 minutes in the microwave). Pour the mixture into an ovenproof dish, sprinkle over the breadcrumbs and parmesan and grill for 5-6 minutes until golden and piping hot. Serve with rice or new potatoes.
Suzanne Mulholland’s recipes are so easy to follow[/caption]
Most read in Fabulous
- The Batch Lady: Healthy Family Favourites (£20, HQ) is out now. Also see The Batch Lady Meal Planner (HQ, £9.99).
- Watch Suzanne prepare recipes at thesun.co.uk/batchlady.