New Delhi, Corona booster dose in the country can now be applied in 6 months instead of 6. The central government has written a letter to all the states in this regard today. The central government has written to all the states saying that now the booster dose of Corona will be taken in 6 months instead of 6 months. Union Health Secretary Rajesh Bhushan has written a letter to the states informing them about this. The letter states that NTAGI has recommended reducing the limit of second dose of corona and booster dose from 6 months or 6 weeks to 6 months or 6 weeks.
“Following the recommendation of the National Technical Advisory Group of Immunizations, it has been decided to reduce the interval between the second dose and the booster dose to six months,” the health secretary said in a letter. The central government has said that after the recommendation, all people aged 15-6 years who have completed 6 months or 6 weeks of taking another dose of Corona will now be able to take the booster dose of Covid-18. Can take doses.
Notably, the number of corona patients in the country has been steadily increasing since the spread of sub-variant BA.3.5 of the omicron variant of the corona. In such a situation, the central government has decided to reduce the duration of the booster dose without delay.
More than one lakh new cases have been reported in the country in the last week due to this sub-variant of Omicron. The 9-day figure is the highest in the last four months. Between June 3 and July 7, more than 1.11 lakh new cases of covid were reported. At least 15 deaths were reported during this period. 4% of them have died in Kerala. SS3KP