You’re probably familiar with rap if you listen to music or podcasts on Spotify. If not, get ready to experience it for the first time. Here’s a summary of what you listened to in 2022, including your most popular songs, artists, podcasts and more.
Launched in India 4 years ago, Spotify delivers a rapturous and personalized in-app experience that lets listeners get excited about what year they had their favorite audio. Every year millions of Spotify users around the world celebrate the annual tradition of self-expression and share their love for Dio on social media and beyond. Here is who is on top in India this year:
● Singer-composer Arijit Singh is the most streamed artist on Spotify in India for the third year in a row, followed by Pritam #2, AR Rahman. #3, Anirudh Ravichander is #4, and Shreya Ghoshal is #5.
● “Excuses” by AP Dhillo, Intense, Gurinder Gillis is the most streamed song in India in 2022 with over 19 crore streams, followed by Shay Gill, Ali Sethi, Zulfiqar Jabbar Khan, “Pasoori” by Abdullah Siddiqui at #2 and Pritam, by Arijit Singh, Amitabh Bhattacharya and “Kesaria” is at #3.
● Sidhu Moozwala’s “Mooztape” is the most streamed album by Spotify listeners in India, followed by “Shershah”, AP Dhillon’s “Hidden Gems”, “Kabir Singh”, and Pritam’s “Brahmastra”.
● This year’s most popular editorial playlist on Spotify India is Hot Hits Hindi, followed by over 11 lakh listeners. Punjabi 101, Latest Tamil, Hot Hits Tamil, and Bollywood Mush are other well-loved playlists.
● Talking about podcasts, The Sex Podcast by Lisa Mangaldas is the most streamed podcast on Spotify in India this year, followed by The Mythpet Podcast, The Ranveer Show, Chanakya Neeti, and On Purpose with Jay Shetty.
This year’s immersive experience is filled with existing and new features that spotlight the elements of listening that make each fan special. In addition to the annual top list of artists, songs, genres and minutes of music you’ve streamed, there are several new features:
● New data stories to express your year in audio: Your Listening Personality is a new, playful feature that not only tells you about the music you listen to, but what your musical tastes are. Fans will learn where they fall into one of 16 different listening personality types created by Spotify, based on their 2022 listening trends. Additionally, Audio Day is an interactive story that gives you a glimpse of how your musical taste evolves throughout the day.
● This was a successful feature in 2021 with messages from more than 100 artists and this year we have Anirudh Ravichander, Anuv Jain, Armaan Malik, A.R. Including more than 40,000 artists like Rahman, Assis Kaur, Badshah, Darshan Rawal, G.V. Expanded to include Prakash, Hardy Sandhu, Jonita Gandhi, Karan Aujla, King, KR$NA, Neha Kakkar, Prateek Kuhad, Raftaar, Ritwiz, Shreya Ghoshal and more.
● Your Artist Messages: 2021 was a successful feature with more than 100 artist messages and this year we have Anirudh Ravichander, Anuv Jain, Armaan Malik, A.R. Including more than 40,000 artists like Rahman, Assis Kaur, Badshah, Darshan Rawal, G.V. Prakash, Hardy Sandhu, Jonita Gandhi,
Expanded to include Karan Aujla, King, KR$NA, Neha Kakkar, Prateek Kuhad, Raftaar, Ritwiz, Shreya Ghoshal and more. With messages from your artist Eligible fans will receive a personalized video feed with thank you messages from some of their top artists in 2022, with each video featuring that artist’s most-heard songs this year.
We know Spotify fans love to share their Wrapped Cards, so this year, we’ve added the ability to share Wrapped Cards on WhatsApp and Instagram.