One can leave their scooters in this vacation mode for up to 200 days while going on a family vacation.
With 50+ features and performance improvements, MoveOS 3 promises to unleash the true potential of Ola’s S1 family of scooters.
MoveOS 3 is the largest OTA update for any 2W OEM, reaching over 1 lakh customers
India’s largest EV manufacturer Ola Electric today announced the public release of its new software update Move OS 3. With this nationwide rollout, over 1 lakh Ola customers will see over-the-air (OTA) updates, unlocking the true potential of their scooters, making them technologically advanced and feature-rich 2W in the country. Ola kicks off public roll-out of MoveOS 3 for over 1 lakh customers across India.
Ola’s third major software update of the year, MoveOS 3 is a new and exciting addition to the plethora of features available in Ola’s S1 family of scooters. The much-awaited software update brings major performance improvements to the scooters while also ensuring a smooth riding experience and convenience for consumers while on the road, as well as better accessibility.
Another major benefit of this upgrade is the exposure of Ola scooters to the company’s rapidly expanding Hypercharger network currently spread across 27 Indian states. Consumers can now add up to 50 km of range with just 15 minutes of quick charging at Ola Hyperchargers.
Bhavish Agarwal, Founder and CEO, Ola Electric said, “As promised we have started rolling out MoveOS 3 to all Ola S1 owners this week. This is our third major software upgrade in a year and I am proud of our engineers for implementing world-class technology so quickly.
At Ola we aim to create great products and then focus on making them even better. MoveOS 2 is way ahead of its time, having introduced unique features to 2Ws, now MoveOS 3 will set a new paradigm in how EV 2Ws are perceived in the country and the world by transforming India’s favorite scooter into a sophisticated and truly cognitive machine.”
With the MoveOS 3 upgrade, Ola Ola S1 Pro and Ola Ola S1 receive a total of 50+ features and improvements broadly categorized under the three pillars of Performance, Access and Convenience.
● Hypercharging: Alignment of Ola scooters with the ever-expanding network of Ola Hyper Chargers, which offer fast charging at a speed of 50 km in just 15 minutes.
● Advanced Region: MoveOS 3 features three different regenerative braking settings, which users can choose based on their riding style. Regenerative braking also helps improve range.
● Vacation Mode: Consumers can leave their scooters in this mode for up to 200 days without worrying about deep discharge when going out of town for work or on a family holiday.
● Hill Hold *: Hill Hold assists users while driving on hilly roads. Using hill hold prevents the vehicle from rolling backwards on a hill by activating the motor counter torque.
● Profiles: With multiple profile options consumers can set their settings and preferences in the scooters for a smooth experience in the Ola ecosystem.
● Proximity Lock / Unlock: This industry first feature helps users easily lock or unlock their scooter while walking from their phone to their scooter.
● Wifi: Consumers can now also enjoy easy Wifi connectivity on their scooters.
● Moods: Consumers can change their entire riding experience by customizing the dash and even the way their scooters sound. Each of the three moods- Bolt, Vintage and Eclipse will be available in light and dark modes.
● Party Mode: Users can start the party with a synchronized scooter light show to any song they want to play on their scooter wherever they go.
● Bluetooth Calling: Consumers will receive call notifications on their dash and can stay connected to friends and family at all times.
● Documents on scooter: Consumers can now upload important documents like driving license, Aadhaar card etc. through the Ola Electric app and access them on the scooter’s HMI screen.
● Safety Lights: With the addition of these lights the safety of the rider is improved in case the rider meets with an accident or something goes wrong with their vehicle or while riding in bad weather.
*Hill hold feature will be in beta stage with final versions coming soon.
In addition to the aforementioned features, MoveOS 3 brings several performance improvements to Ola’s S1 family of scooters. These include better acceleration in Hyper and Sport modes, increased top speed in Eco mode, better visibility and more accuracy. Also includes vital scooter stats like, DTE (distance to empty), battery percentage, TTC (time-to-charge) etc. Which along with many other minor improvements promises to make India’s best-selling range of EV two-wheelers even better.
Ola is expanding aggressively by launching more than 50 experience centers across the country and expects to open 100 outlets by month-end and 200 outlets by March 2023. Ola’s goal of ensuring that all 2Ws on Indian roads are electric by 2025 is closer to reality, as the company is working to build a strong roadmap for electric vehicles, accelerating the world’s transition to electric mobility.