MY tasty chicken masala skewers can be cooked on the BBQ or in the oven, so if the weather turns sunny unexpectedly you can fire up the grill.
Make in advance and pop in the freezer for whenever you need them.
Chicken korma Skewers
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
YOU WILL NEED:
- 3tbsp korma spice paste
- 5tbsp natural yoghurt
- Juice 1 lemon
- 4 chicken breasts
My top tip this week is about meal planning. Shopping on a Sunday is a brilliant way of getting organised for the week ahead. Some weeks I plan to grab everything out of the freezer, and others
I’m batching and cooking lots of meals – it really depends on how much time I have. Meal planner boards are brilliant to have up in the kitchen to stop the “What’s for tea?” questions from the kids – and it helps to keep you on track!
- Mix the korma spice, natural yoghurt, lemon and some salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Chop the chicken breasts into chunks big enough to go on a skewer.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and coat well in the sauce. If eating them that day, marinade for at least 2 hours.
Ready to freeze: Transfer the sauce-coated chicken to a labelled freezer bag. You will add to the skewers when you cook them. Seal your labelled freezer bag, removing as much air as possible, and freeze flat.
Ready to eat: Thread chunks of chicken on to skewers and cook on the BBQ or in the oven at 180C/160C fan/gas mark 4 for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Suzanne Mulholland’s recipes are so easy to follow[/caption]
Most read in Fabulous
- The Batch Lady: Healthy Family Favourites (£20, HQ) is out now. Also see The Batch Lady Meal Planner (HQ, £9.99).
- Watch Suzanne prepare recipes at thesun.co.uk/batchlady.