Fuel prices in the UK are at the highest they have ever been both for petrol and diesel. There’s no wonder people are having trouble running their cars. But, why are these prices so high?
This is due to a number of factors, one of them being the high cost of purchasing crude oil for the production of fuel. A second reason is the UK’s switch to greener E10 petrol. There is a greater amount of ethanol in E10 fuel, which makes it more expensive than petrol.
Petrol stations sometimes provide higher prices for petrol than the market, but sometimes we have to buy at high prices in an emergency, so what is the best way to find a station near you?
Petrol price near you help you find the best prices for petrol, diesel and premium fuels in stations close to you.
The best petrol prices are easily found on this site and it’s a time saver and easy to use you just have to enter your passcode and the results will be there.
But we also need to be more fuel efficient here are few tips that will help you!
- Maintaining your vehicle
- Keep your tyres well-inflated – over- or under-inflated tyres cause your fuel-efficiency to decrease.
- Check your tyre tread depth – similarly, worn down tyres give you a less smooth ride, making your entire vehicle work harder and guzzle the gas.
- Keep windows shut – open windows create drag, which makes your car work harder and burn more fuel.
- Don’t cover the clutch – a bad driving habit anyway, but it also drains fuel while you’re driving.
- Try to maintain an even speed, preferably around 60mph. Going too fast burns up your petrol, and stopping and starting in a low gear (for example driving through a town) does the same.
- Plan for the Weather, Sounds odd, but using the AC uses more fuel, so dress suitably for the weather and only use it if you have to.
- Find out which petrol station has the best price and avoid the others with the help of this site Petrol Prices near You.
Unfortunately, the price of fuel is not going to fall any time soon, but with careful driving, and selective about where and when you buy your petrol, you can make a real difference to how much you spend each month.
You can visit this site for further details: https://petrolpricesnearme.co.uk/