Guwahati, Team India’s explosive batsman Virat Kohli has created history during the second T20 match against South Africa. Virat Kohli has created a great record. Virat Kohli has become the first Indian batsman to make this record. No Indian batsman could do this feat before Virat Kohli.
Virat Kohli has become the first Indian batsman and fourth in the world to complete 11,000 runs in T20 cricket. Virat Kohli made this great record as soon as he scored 19 runs in the second T20 match against South Africa.
Virat Kohli scored 49 runs in 28 balls in the second T20 match against South Africa. Virat Kohli now has 11,030 runs in T20 cricket. Before Virat Kohli till date no Indian batsman could create this great record.
Virat Kohli has scored 11030 runs in 354 T20 matches so far. Let us tell you that till now only Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Shoaib Malik and Virat Kohli have managed to score 11000 or more runs in T20 cricket.
Highest run scorer in T20 cricket
1. Chris Gayle (West Indies) – 14562 runs in 463 matches
2. Kieron Pollard (West Indies) – 11915 runs in 614 matches
3. Shoaib Malik (Pakistan) – 11902 runs in 481 matches
4. Virat Kohli (India) – 11030 runs in 354 matches
5. David Warner (Australia) – 10870 runs in 328 matches
Talking about the most centuries in international cricket, Virat Kohli now has 71 centuries and in this matter he has equaled the former Australia captain Ricky Ponting. Ricky Ponting has also scored 71 centuries in international cricket. Sachin Tendulkar is on top of this list. The record of most 100 centuries in international cricket is held by Sachin Tendulkar.
Most centuries in international cricket
1. Sachin Tendulkar (India) – 100 centuries
2. Virat Kohli (India) – 71 century / Ricky Ponting (Australia) – 71 century
3. Kumar Sangakkara (Sri Lanka) – 63 centuries
4. Jacques Kallis (South Africa) – 62 century
5. Hashim Amla (South Africa) – 55 centuries